The National Memorial for Peace and Justice
FT20 Auditorium Chairs
The Memorial to Peace and Justice Gift Shop and Auditorium is part of the Lynching Memorial to Peace and Justice Park and Pavilion complex which serves as a National Memorial to victims of lynching. The design and development of the Memorial to Peace and Justice Gift Shop Auditorium complements the Lynching Memorial and provides for both added program functionality and additional space for visitor parking. The building has a raised terrace area at the front and partially along the sides with a granite memorial wall water feature located between monumental stairs at the main front entrance that list the names of the lynching victim’s that were lynched post slavery as late as the 1950’s in Mississippi, Alabama Tennessee, Georgia, Florida and North Carolina. The Memorial to Peace and Justice Gift Shop and Auditorium use light-colored materials, which is in contrast to the colors of the Lynching Memorial to Peace and Justice Park and Pavilion, to represent bringing light on a dark time in our society. The illumination of the building at night represents a beacon of hope for a brighter future.
- PROJECT: The National Memorial for Peace and Justice (Equal Justice Initiative)
- LOCATION: Montgomery, Alabama
- ARCHITECT: Dorsey Architects Inc.
- PRODUCT: FT20 Auditorium Chairs
- SCOPE: 350 Positions
- CONFIGURATIONS: Straight
- FINISHES: Upholstered Seat, Back & End Panels in Camira X2 – Multiply, Charcoal Frame
- OPTIONS: Anti-Panic Tablets, Aisle Lights, Row Letters
View Case Study PDF