Oregon Health & Science University - Knight Cancer Research Building
FT20 Auditorium Seating + Turandot Stack Chairs
The Knight Cancer Research Building (KCRB) at Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU) serves a singular mission: to end cancer as we know it. To achieve this, the Knight Cancer Institute championed team science to encourage scientists to work differently. To spur innovation, the building provides a flexible, high-performing environment, including a 200-seat auditorium, that supports collaboration, connections and shared resources.
The LEED Platinum KCRB overturns the typical model of laboratory silos with competing researchers for an unprecedented facility that is integrated and equitable. The goal of supporting team science informed all the building’s key design drivers resulting in a healthy and sustainable interdisciplinary research building on a tight budget.
Today more than 200 world-class scientists have been recruited to the Knight Cancer Institute, drawn to the KCRB’s unique environment and the opportunity to work together to achieve the mission of curing cancer.
- PROJECT: Oregon Health & Science University, Knight Cancer Research Building
- LOCATION: Portland, Oregon
- ARCHITECT: SRG Partnership
- GENERAL CONTRACTOR: McCarthy/Andersen Construction (a Joint Venture)
- SUSTAINABILITY: LEED Platinum
- PRODUCT: FT20 Auditorium Seating + Turandot Stack Chairs
- SCOPE: 212 Positions
- CONFIGURATION: Radius
- FT20 FINISHES: Outer Back Panel in Morning Ash Wood, Upholstered Seat & Back in Momentum, Cover Cloth – Cyan, Epic, Capri, Odyssey & Cruise, Charcoal Frame
- TURANDOT CHAIR FINISHES: Back Panel in Morning Ash Wood, Upholstered Seat and Back Cushions in Momentum, Row – Rain, Silver Frame
- OPTIONS: Anti-Panic Tablets
View Case Study PDF